Monday, January 22, 2007

Baking cookies instead of practicing my survival skills

Late in the day last Friday I decided to bail out on the Glastenbury trip for the weekend. Temps were going to be way to cold, and the wind. It would have been a miserable endless slog in and out. Instead I went out for a shorter low key hike with the girls, and baked cookies. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to be exact.
Since I was staying home this weekend I suggested to Iz the possibility of dinner guests Saturday night. Christine and Trevor came up with Autumn and Ethan. The children hardly ate a bite by the way. Too much excitement for them. It was great to catch up with Trevor. He finally got to see my brewing operation. Wow, it's been a long time since he's been to the house! It was nice to be hanging out with friends at home, enjoying some nice dinner, homebrew, and good conversation. Christine clearly enjoyed copious amounts of wine, and would surely be in pain Sunday morning.
This week is shaping up to be a really busy one jam packed with work, visitors, and appointments. Thomas and Roddy are arriving for a visit this week for some skiing. I may try to take off Friday and go to Killington if my schedule permits.
BTW I was at the Mountain Sunday, and the temps finally got up to .4 f around 2pm at the summit. This made me think how F-ing cold camping out would have been Saturday night.

No comments: