Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Racking beer and Drinking Beer

I stopped by the house to pick up a few things, and kill some time before heading over the see Ray last night. While in the basement I dispensed the last bit of Porter into a growler. While it may seem like it was consumed rather quickly (3.5 weeks) this keg actually carried me through several holiday events, not to mention football games. I had five more gallon in secondary fermentation, that I racked into a keg, and put on gas. My beer inventory is getting pretty lean, so after my camping trip I think it will be time to buckle down and get brewing again.
I met up with Ray for some good conversation and some exceptional beer last night. The dead horse IPA is dead on. He's great brewer, a brilliant man, and an awesome friend. I filled him in on my plans for the weekend. Looks like it may snow Friday.
Today is the first Wednesday in months that Iz and I have not gone to see Joe. Wow.
Being separated does pose some logistical challenges, and requires one to constantly rearrange priorities. The space is nice, not being grounded is a bit of a hassle.

No comments: