Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bohemian Pilzner Round III

The brewery is back in operation after a 60 day hiatus. This evening I performed single decoction mash, and brewed up 10 gallons of my Bohemian Pilsner. The basement temperature is holding steady at 50-52 f, which makes it ideal for fermentation using lager yeast. I did a little bit of of cleanup in the brewery tonight, and even defrosted my keg refrigerator. The basic game plan for the remainder of the Winter is to make several batches of beer experimenting with different strains of lager yeast. Naturally this will require a lagering chamber, and since the keg refrigerator is presently void of any beer, it will suffice as the logical solution for lagering since I can fit six cornies in there. This will hopefully get me motivated to get the rest of the hardware to complete the three tap system. Prosit!

1 comment:

Saul Groovy said...

Since you are making a hardware run, whaddya say you run a beer pipeline down here to Pennsyltucky for your ole pal B. I promise not to drain every keg myself, unless I have a day off cuz sometimes those make me thirsty.