Friday, June 01, 2007

Fool in the rain

I checked the weather radar before I left the office yesterday, and it looked like smooth sailing from Bellows Falls to Brattleboro for the commute home. I got to the Putney town-line and encountered a deluge of rain, along with a few claps of thunder. Hmmm, I was petty much caught out in the open with nowhere to go. I thought about calling Iz for ride support, but decided to tough it out and enjoy the ride home in the pouring rain, aside from the part where I came screaming down the hill into Putney getting pelted by raindrops, the the ride good.
After I arrived home, I hosed off the bike, then myself, and Iz and I headed over to PH for some conversation, light fare, and a few glasses of wine.
Iz is working at the coop tonight, and the girls and I are headed to my mother in laws' piano recital for her students. With any luck, I'll be able to get the kids to bed relatively early so I may be able to watch the Sox-Yankees game tonight.

No comments: