Thursday, July 26, 2007

Where is the babysitter?

Isabel and I had a date night planned Wednesday night, and our sitter never showed up. No call. Nothing. I sure hope she is okay. Despite the fact that Izzy and I were unable to go out on a date, I was able to make some major headway in the brewery. I managed to rack 35 gallons of beer into assorted vessels. I did save 5 gallons of California common to get racked...possibly to bottles. I ran out of steam tonight after racking the first 35 gallons. Whew! Ran out of room in the cellar too, and had to take 10 gallons of Imperial Stout over to Ray's for storage. Probably, a good thing! It is so darn hot in my basement that I had to take care of business here, and get the beer cold. The five gallons of CA Common hanging around may just kegged in a couple days if the weather doesn't break.
I Guess I'll be making some lagers beers for the rest of the summer, since I can control those temperatures.
Another side note, since it was so warm I put the IIPA on tap and it is shaping up quite nicely. I honestly wonder if there will be any left by Thanksgiving. I heart beer.

The bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean

1 comment:

Saul Groovy said...

I keep telling you - beer pipeline to PA solves all storage issues