Monday, November 19, 2007

The great GF experiment

I'm in the process of designing a Gluten Free beer. Presently Isabel and I have been sampling different GF beers to get a feel for what one might come to expect from a beer made without malt. Last night we sampled two such beers. The first was Green's Endeavor brewed by Green's Gluten Free beers and the second was Redbridge brewed by Anheuser Busch. You may read my BA reviews if you click on the above links. I will say that these beers were very interesting, and it may take a few runs in order to get something that is going to taste good. I have a few more GF beers to sample tonight. I'll report back with my findings in an effort to come up with a good tasting GF beer. I've been thinking that a Berliner Weissbier might be the way to go here as far as finding the right fit. The sour taste of the Berliner Weisse may offset the sweetness that seems to come along with these beers. I think this path would be better served rather then concocting a hop bomb to balance it out.
Speaking of sour Gus will be arriving with his family for a short visit Wednesday night. It's been ages since I have seen him and his family. They are headed up here to Vermont for a long weekend.
I guess I should get on the phone now and let Alfred know that his favorite boy will be in town.

1 comment:

Saul Groovy said...

Must be really tough sampling all of those beers. Secondly - holy cow I forgot all about Alfred which boggles the mind as how can one forget about Alfred?! It has been way too long since I have been North. Note to self...