Tuesday, September 30, 2008

To Decoct or not to decoct, that is the question.

As mentioned earlier this week, my goal is to get the Doppelbock done this week. In true German brewing style I also plan on performing a double decoction mash for this batch. While the decoction process is not complicated, it does tend to be rather time intensive. Decoctions usually add about two or three extra hours to a typical five hour brew day.
My schedule is jam packed this week with the usual, plus my OEC refresher is coming up this weekend, which will take up Friday night, Saturday, Sunday morning. "Ay, there's the rub", I'll have to make a decision by Thursday if I plan on getting anything into the fermenter before the week ends. I could have a window for a single infusion mash on Saturday evening.

No comments: