Saturday, April 14, 2007

Pizza and beer

There is never a dull moment around here. The Darlingtons came over Friday night for some homemade pizza and beer. I whipped up several pizza's in the kitchen while catching up with Louise, and Henry, and the rest of the Darlington family while small children ran about, and played nicely with one another. In all I came up with five pizza creations, plus a skin for Pam's crunchy, Freaky, Celiac's pizza. The hit of the evening was the Grape and Gorgonzola Pizza that oddly enough emerged first from the oven as our forerunner. Instead of using the Vin Santo that the recipe called for I simply substituted it for the white we had on hand. For the beer portion of the evening I was pouring my American Pilsner and Altbier. Josh liked the americna Pilsner, while Henry ,Hank, and myself stuck with the altbier.

Luckily the children had napped, so this made for a most pleasant evening. Around 8:45 The kiddo's were showing sign of losing their momentum. A quick exit was prescribed, and we all went to bed.

No comments: