Monday, January 14, 2008

Back to the brewing board

I took a few weeks of from brewing to enjoy some free skiing. A few days off from work, and making turns has been a welcome relief from the stresses of everyday life.
Recently I discovered that my conical fermenter will not fit in the lager chamber (airlock is too tall). I racked the beer out of the conical and into two five gallon glass carboy's. The conical is now free'd up and I'm ready to make an ale or possibly a steam beer depending on where I store the conical in my basement. If the brewery temps continue to hover around 58f then I may go for a steam beer, on the other side of the basement if the cellar room temps hover around 62-64f, I may decide to make an ale. Lagers are out right now since the chamber is full. Maybe I will be able to fit it in this weekend.

No comments: