Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Casualities in the Brewhouse

While racking the APA to secondary last might I managed to break one of my carbouys. This is the second carbouy that I have managed to break in the past eighteen months. While I did escape injury, I did not emerge unscathed. While cleaning out my conical I managed to slice my middle finger. This is the second time in less then ten days that I have managed to cut myself while working down in the brewery. I guess it's time to get a basic first aid kit down there so I can stop bloodying up the towels.

On a postive not I did order two additional five gallon cornies this week. They should be in by Friday. This will bring the cornelius keg inventory up to nine, thus enabling me to have up to forty-five gallons of packaged beer. It's not a hobby, it's an obsession.

No comments: