Saturday, April 12, 2008

Amarillo Pale Ale V2.0

I brewed up my Amarillo Pale Ale this morning. After making the best of Friday evening's unfortunate circumstances I mashed in bright and early this morning. I did overshoot my gravity a mile, but eventually attributed this to coming up short in my final volume. I came up a gallon short today. I'll be able to backfill this batch with some Pale Ale that has been cold conditioning in the basement for several months. Next up on the schedule will be a Belgian Pale. Here is the Grist composition from this mornings brew This grist has pretty much become the base for my standard Pale Ale recipe. It makes a fine beer.


Malted Wheat 8.333%

Crystal malt 8.333%

Munich malt 8.333%
Pale Malt
75.00%

Along with the Hop Schedule:
Hop, addition and the IBU's
Perle-Kettle
20
Centennial-Kettle
10
Amarillo- Middle

10
Amarillo- Late

5
Amarillo-Knockout

0
Amarillo- Dry Hop

0

No comments: