Monday, September 22, 2008

Beer recipes on the brain

Now that Summer is over and I'm back in the basement brewing with some frequency, I'm finding myself thinking about beer styles and new recipes again. As a result I usually lay awake in bed thinking about mash schedules, decoction schedules, and breaking new ground in exploring different styles of beer that I have yet to brew for the very first time.
The latest styles keeping me up at night are Dubbels, Strong Scottish Ales, and German Lagers.

I have been refining the grist for the Old Chub clone almost daily as I continue to research this style, and more specifically this fabulous beer that arrives in a can.

1 comment:

Nowell said...

Another local brew pub lost to the corporations...

http://www.olddominion.com/olddominionpub.shtml